- First step: call us. This works best for both of us. We know you’re coming. You know we’ll be here.
- Find us: directions and maps are on the Contact page. Once you’re in the neighborhood: There are two businesses in the building we occupy. On the right side of the building, is a large gate with a big sign “Dynolab”. Find a parking space, go through gate. There is a large “Dynojet” banner hanging atop the building. The office is under the big banner.
- Driving in: Once prior customers have cleared the work area. There’ll be a short break for cleaning and stowing.
- You’ll be instructed to drive in. Rear wheel drive cars drive straight in. Front drive cars back into the building.
- Once in position, set the e-brake, and release the hood latch.
- Depending on what’s being done, a variety of sensors will be attached to your car. At the minimum a spark pick-up, and ground wire are attached.
- Several straps will be attached to the car, and large wheel stops will be set in front of, and behind the non-rolling wheels.
- Most customers drive their own cars. You’ll be instructed to start the car, and, “just get it rolling” (about 5-10mph) in first gear. This allows the car to center itself on the rollers. At this time the straps and wheel stops will be double checked.
- For a normal power test, you’ll be instructed to bring the car gently up through the gears. Upon reaching 4th gear (usually the gear closest to 1:1 ratio), you’ll be instructed to completely depress the accelerator pedal.
- Once your engine reaches the specified maximum RPM, simply push in the clutch, while releasing the accelerator, and take the car out of gear. No brake application is needed.
- For cars equipped with automatic transmissions or special torque converters, some finessing is required. Its pretty simple.
- For a normal power test, 2-3 runs taking less than a few minutes usually suffice. If tuning or testing is being done, full and part throttle runs may continue for an hour or more.
- A digital image is taken of your car, still strapped to the dyno.
- After testing is complete, you can make payment by cash, debit card or credit card. You will receive an 8×10 glossy photo with your car on the top-half, and your dyno graph on the bottom half (see the Runs page for many examples). This image frames nicely.
- The straps and wheel stops are removed, and the process is complete.
All dyno runs are saved on disk, and backed up regularly. If you modify you car, and want to compare the results with any previous run, this is easily accomplished.